The APS Collaboration Grant funds public programs and projects that foster collaboration between members of the print community and/or encourage dialogue between the print community and the general public. The grant carries a maximum award of $1,000. Projects should provide new insights into printmaking and introduce prints to new audiences.
Funds may be applied to costs including space rental, honoraria, and travel and lodging for speakers and participants. Food or beverage expenses for receptions and dinners/lunches are excluded. Examples of potential collaborative projects include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A multi-speaker conference or symposium;
- A single-speaker lecture;
- A workshop focused on identifying printmaking methods and techniques and/or print media;
- A study day with printmakers and paper conservators focused on printed materials;
- An educational program about printmaking intended for the general public.
Application Requirements & Review Criteria
Successful proposals must address all of the following criteria:
- Proposal narrative describing the collaborative project and identifying its organizers and its goals. Ideally, this should include: how the project will contribute towards advancing print scholarship; a list of speakers and their affiliations (if applicable); anticipated target audience; and how the project will facilitate collaboration between members of the print community, and/or between the print community and the general public. In addition, this narrative should address the feasibility of realizing this project within the proposed time frame (500-1000 words).
- Budget detailing how grant funding would be spent and how the project can be realized within the funding amount provided by APS. Please list any other grants for which the applicant(s) has applied, amounts, and the outcomes (if known).
- CV(s) for key applicant(s) involved in organizing this program or project.
The time frame for the grant is one year. The successful applicant will be notified by the end of March and the grant must be applied to event costs within one year of notification. Applicants should send all required materials by February 1 to Angela Campbell, APS Grants Coordinator, at email@example.com.